Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Republican Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy, in addition to Jane's Addiction, is my obsession of the week, apparently. With the increasing communication between the President and the Republicans in Congress you are seeing a lot of shady behavior. The Republicans say how much they want to work with the President but tell their constituents that they are going to do whatever it takes to stop him. It's really odd to watch this behavior in a day and age where everything that is said can be captured and immediately put on the internet.

Rachel Maddow did a segment on the extremely unpopular stimulus bill recently and how Republicans are reflecting it's success (and failure) to the public. In this clip she shows the large number of politicians who stand on camera and declare the bill a failure, yet in their home town they are all too happy to present this money to the people as if it came from their own pocket.



It shouldn't be shocking, but it is. This is another reason why Obama needs to give up on the bipartisanship issue altogether.

Do Republicans have a monopoly on hypocrisy? Hell no. However, in my 30 years I haven't seen this level of hysterical rhetoric employed in bringing down a president since Newton Leroy Gingrich blew up the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal while he was cheating on his own wife.

I have come to the belief that, since the election of Obama, Boehner and McConnell have given no thought at all to working with Democrats. It has been their goal from the moment McCain conceded to tear down everything to get Republicans back in power.

And now for my other obsession!



I have also come to the belief that Dave Navarro does not own a single shirt.

3 comments:

  1. I'm rather confused... so they didn't vote for the bill, and the bill past anyway. Are they suppose to be pissed off to be handing the money over? Whether they like it or not, it's not their choice to hand it over... uh... it's law.

    Whether they like it or not, why not smile and hand the money over in front of your constituents rather than punch them in the face and throw the money up in the air saying "pick up your own cash, fuckers". I'm thinking that doesn't get you too many votes in the next election. Either way they had to hand it over.

    Is there another way to present themselves?

    I'll use progressives logic here: You're quick to criticize, but what's the alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for "Three Days", you let ah me down Coville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already use "Three Days" in a previous post. It's too early in my blogging career to recycle.

    http://bagofsubs.blogspot.com/2009/10/yeah-its-me-mr-squirrel-not-plastic.html

    ReplyDelete