Monday, February 8, 2010

Das Boot!

Ever see that movie "Beerfest" where the boys have to learn the secret of drinking beer out of a glass boot? That shit is real. I had the pleasure of hanging out at Wolff's Biergarten this past weekend on my whirlwind tour of I-90.

The Hot Mary and I shot out to Albany for a quickie visit as one of Mary's friends was having her 24th birthday. So, after my first taste of sushi and some pregame beverages at her apartment, we all went to Wolff's establishment for her free birthday boot.

The thing was huge, and it took four of us to polish it off but at one point I took a drink and as I righted the boot I see beer geyser-ing right back at my face. Luckily, it wasn't quite as dramatic as in the movie but it was undoubtedly true that you must employ some sort of twisty technique in order to drink it properly. I spent the rest of my time trying to figure it out but it never really worked.


1 comment:

  1. haha... Wolff's is awesome! we went there for Morgan's birthday this year and she polished off about 3/4 of the boot. The rest of us chipped in to help.

    ReplyDelete