Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day Update

Well, the awesomeness known as "No-Work-Wednesday" has come and gone and here I am back at work where I have the time and leisure to blog. My checklist went like this:

Sleeping Late - Success! I managed to stay in bed until 9am, at which point I treated myself to extended viewings of Sportscenter, multiple cups of coffee, and a three egg omelette with cheese and bacon.

Video Games - You know it. I finally finished the main quest of Fallout 3 and the DLC Point Lookout. I've been stringing that game along for more than a year. While Fallout may be sick, it's about time to wrap it up.

Rocking Out - Eh, not so much. Extended video gaming led to a lack of time to devote to enjoying fine musicians like Pearl Jam and Michael Buble.

Eating Calzone - I ate the shit out of that calzone. However, my first real exposure to calzones came during my senior year of college. We used to get these things from a place called Sabastino's and my god were they delicious. You had to turn it upside over a trash if you wanted to pour some of the extra butter and grease out. Everything I've ever tried since then has been a little more healthy and a lot more boring. I'd probably kill a child if it would get me one of those.

Not Showering - Check!

Watch a Bunch of Movies - Only got to one. GI Joe was ok. There was nothing about it that particularly made me think, "wow, this is exactly like GI Joe!!!". All in all, I probably would have to give it ... 2 Lebowski's.

Getting Drunk - Nope. After a super rich omelette and a big fat calzone I would spend the rest of my day alternating between shitting and not shitting.

So that was my Veteran's Day. Thank you troops for allowing me to stuff my face, get sick, and watch bad movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment