Monday, November 30, 2009

Nail in the Coffin

NOOO!!!!!

I just heard (read) that Chris Cooley was placed on IR. This makes me sad. The on thing keeping me going this season was the possibility that Captain Chaos could make a late season return and lead the Redskins to their 4th and final win of the season. Now, that will have to wait until next year.

This year has been extremely painful for my 'skins. Their injury list is now starting to bear way too much resemblance to their preseason projected starting lineup.

Portis
Cooley
Haynesworth
Jarmon
Hall
Samuels
Jansen
Betts

... pretty sure I am missing an offensive lineman or two.

In a way, the new look Redskins are kind of exciting to watch. I felt a certain amount of pride watching these guys with no hope of playoffs playing their guts out against the Eagles yesterday. In the end, the exhausted defense couldn't hold out in the closing minutes. It was disappointing, but right now the expectations are so low that just seeing more than 20 points causes a certain amount of excitement.

So this is yet another awful season for the Redskins. All in all, this blog post is simply an excuse to, once again, pay homage to Mr and Mrs Cooley.




2 comments:

  1. I saw that you waived Cooley this week in the league, my roster has been rather symbolic of your Redskins. Everyone on my team has been broken at least once with the exception of Devin Hester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not your year. It was a nail in your coffin when you had that goose egg next to Matt Ryan's name last week. Tough luck, man.

    ReplyDelete