Monday, June 8, 2009

Can't Wait For Tuesday

I was going to try and contain myself until the end of the series but the hockey playoffs have me all sorts of worked up. After riding high as Detroit jumped to a 2-0 lead in the series I had delusions of my boys coasting through the Stanley Cup without breaking a sweat. Games 3 & 4 came as a big time reality check as Crosby & Malkin skated circles around our defense and finally caught some breaks to even up the series. Now, after Detroit administered a 5-0 thumping to those young upstarts and enjoyed the return of Datsyuk, I'm getting stoked again. Knowing that the Penguins appear to be completely losing their composure it makes it even better. They are a young team, I get that, but some numbnuts targeting Datsyuk's ankle is bush. You have Crosby who is a reknowned crybaby and then there is Malkin shaping up to be some sort of cheap shot artist bitch. And because these guys are the "future of the NHL" the officiating is suspiciously loose whenever it comes to their actions. Malkin going after Zetterburg at the end of Game 2 still has me kind of pissy. However, I do love how Detroit always manages to get under the skin of the other guys to the point where stupid penalties happen. Hopefully we can close this out tomorrow night. A Red Wing championship always makes coping with the Redskins a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment