Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eli getting PAID!


Eli just went and got himself 97 million reasons to live today. If I were to rank the top 10 quarterbacks right now I highly doubt that I would be putting him in there but he's certainly built himself a decent resume. It's sometimes hard to look past the stupid face and the fact that he cried his way out of San Diego and remember that he is a Super Bowl winner and has kind of done pretty well for himself.
Now, in all honesty, I don't really think he earned this cash. His Super Bowl legacy was completely saved by one excellent drive and a very very very lucky catch. For a while he had the best end zone bailout you could possibly have in Plaxico. He's shown flashes of brilliance at times and complete boneheadedness at others.
But hey, I'm not here to hate. I'm here to appreciate. That's a ton of cash, and I'm happy for him. I just wonder if he and Peyton make Cooper do stupid shit and then throw dollar bills at him.
Congratulations Eli. I'm probably just a little bitter that my 'Skins have only had a small taste of playoff success in the last few years. Here's hoping Haynesworth doesn't try any funny business on you this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment