Monday, January 11, 2010

Alive... in the Superunknown!!!



Holy shit! If the Alice in Chains "reunion" had me amped then the recent rumors of an impending Soundgarden reunion have me doubly super stoked. Just the mere thought of Chris Cornell howling over some sick Kim Thayil riffs give me a boner that CAN NOT BE CONTAINED!!!

I am unapologetically a fanboy of the 90s grunge scene to which all other music fails in comparison. That's my M.O., that's how I get down, that's how I roll. Despite the fact that FM radio seems to play "Outshined" once per hour, I never change the channel. Never.

As much as Nirvana got credit for busting the door open on grunge or alternative rock or whatever you want to call it, as much as Pearl Jam gets the trophy for staying power, Soundgarden had the biggest sound, the heaviest riffs, and the biggest cajones of the scene. Even when they were bad, they were good. Some of their 80s stuff was cheesy as fuck.

Case in point...



Nice, right?

I'm a little curious as to how they are going to rectify their drummer situation, as Cameron has since joined PJ Supreme. What's that? you want a whole video of Matt C drumming to "Evenflow"? Here you go:



So who knows how that will shake out. Early indications are that Cameron will be touring with the reunion, but we'll have to see where it goes from there.

So, in lieu of blathering more about my love of Soundgarden, I'll just post a few more youtube clips.







1 comment: