Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Who the F are The Fray???

Every once in a while I have one of those "Jesus I'm getting old" moments and I think I had one yesterday. While enjoying my evening commute home listening to some talk radio where they were talking about an upcoming concert by The Fray. I was just tuning that crap out and I was too lazy to change the channel when I catch them throw in how Our Lady Peace was opening up for them.

What!

Has it really been so long that a somewhat relevant band like OLP is opening up for some band I've never heard of? They had some pretty decent songs like this,



this,



and this



during the last 15 years or so. So when the hell did this happen? I couldn't name a single song by The Fray if my life depended on it. After listening to what radio-guy was saying they've had a song or two on teevee shows, including my personal favorite, Scrubs. So with a little searching I found this clip...



... and I've seen that episode a million times. The song ain't too bad, although I don't know if it's any better than Coldplay. I have a short history of digging songs associated with shows I dig. There was a brief period where I would arrange my schedule around Smallville (hello miss kreuk!) and the opening ...


Smallville Intro - Click here for more amazing videos

... caused me to fall in love with the whole song by the little-known Remy Zero and their one (semi)hit "Save Me".



Yeah!

So maybe I'll try giving The Fray a chance. But Our Lady Peace was pretty good at rockin' out at one point. Let's hope all these kids don't forget that.

2 comments:

  1. What the hell else did Remy Zero sing??? I can't figure it out. Sooo angry! Wait....am I thinking of the right band. Now, I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of The Sheila Divine. Idiot!!

    ReplyDelete