Thursday, June 24, 2010

NewsBusters.org Esposing liberal media bias (agree with us or else!)

Last political post for some time, I promise.

So I recently signed up for the twitter feed belonging to NewsBusters since I so enjoy hearing/reading the viewpoints of people I don't necessarily agree with. Their motto seems sincere enough. Just as there is conservative media bias there is definitely liberal media bias and I am not naive enough to believe that only one side is guilty.

It took less than a week to find out that this site is full of crap and needs a completely different site to try and capture all of the bias that they are guilty of.

Almost every story I read is basically a hack job attempt at spin to make liberals look as bad as possible. It's exactly the type of site that a bunch of amateur bloggers would come up with where everyone can agree with each other without fear of having someone disagree with them.

As my previous post would indicate I like perusing the message boards and so I took the time one day to register so that I could join the discussion. Knowing how touchy these places can be I phrased a very articulate reply asking a reasonable question with a firm belief that it wasn't so inflammatory as to get my comment deleted.

It took less than a day for my account to be banned completely. I thought this weird and maybe I didn't verify my account properly so I tried again only to see that my email address had been banned from the site. From that point, with open eyes, I started reading the comment sections on a few pages only to see that is was chock full of lib-hating people in all their glory with nary a lefty comment to be seen. Ah ha.

So feeling oppressed launched a google query asking about getting banned from Newsbusters only to see that this is apparently how they operate. A site claiming to look for media bias rejects any and all two-sided discussions. Does that seem wrong to anyone else?

Ultimately it's not a big deal. These people have a club and there ain't no libs allowed. No biggy. I just thought it odd that a site attempting to be fair would be so close minded. I'll just have to find another enemy battleground to encroach on.

1 comment:

  1. lol... I like that you tagged this "Political douchebags"

    I gotta say -- for the further right wingers that I listen to/read if you ever stumble upon a site that tends to range fairly equal down the middle, you let me know... like you I can only take certain peoples words for what they are (even though at times I agree with them on a number of things on a number of occasions) so far in the believability realm.

    You find one. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete