Friday, June 25, 2010

Kilmeade shows us how it's done

I know I said no more politics but I just couldn't let this pass by...



(meh, having trouble getting this video embedded. Until I get it to work right, here's the gist-

Kilmeade: It took Obama only "hours" to appoint Petraeus, "so why is it taking months to plug the leaking oil?")

God... it's just so STUPID!

Just to remind you, this is the portion of FOX news that is considered "news" and not opinion.

In other excellent questions:

It only took Bush 6 years to damage the economy, divide the nation, launch multiple wars, and wreck political discourse... why hasn't Obama been able to fix all this yet?

It took decades of neglect by presidents and congresses of both parties for the country to fill up with illegal immigrants yet Obama has not managed to fix this situation? Why?

It only took a few moments for him to eat breakfast this morning, so why hasn't Social Security been fixed yet?

Obama had a successful meeting with Russian leaders this week, why hasn't he been able to end violence in Africa?

The questions are endless! We need Obama to stop pussyfooting around and solve these problems!

3 comments:

  1. *Raises hand*

    Not to be the typical conservative that I am -- but exactly how long should he be given?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to that question. It appears to me that not a single person or corporation has a single clue as to how to stop the oil from leaking.

    I don't agree with Obama's immediate reaction to the incident as it seems that he put entirely too much faith in the reports he was receiving from BP. However, it is interesting to me that he is getting blasted from right-wingers when not a single one of them has a solution to the problem.

    It's easy to criticize. Actually fixing the problem however? Not so much.

    If Obama had had the forethought to put in place a government department dedicated to stopping offshore drilling spills I can only imagine how much criticism he would have taken for being an "environmental whacko" or for government over-reach.

    So I guess I need to answer a question with a question:

    What should he do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm in your boat man... I can't speak for the right-wing. Anything he does is going to be criticized, I guess my view is do the thing that is going to do less tangible damage. I'm a fan of prevention rather than regret. Sure he would have been smacked hard on the wrist about regulations, but on the other hand, is that worse than the PR beating he's taking right now for this oil spill?

    I'm not as upset about how he's handled it as much as this is being used as political fodder to once again forward an agenda. It's leading to this tagline of: "see what happens when you drill offshore?"

    no -- this is what happens when you don't take care of a spill when it starts, this is what happens when you don't properly maintain the equipment in use. We have OSHA regulations, why don't we have regulations for the safety of the environment and workers on oil rigs?

    And maybe the right wing does have ideas we're just not hearing them -- similar to when the health care bill was up in the air...

    ReplyDelete